9/23/2009

My Tangy Addiction


During my first dining experience at a Korean restaurant I was puzzled why they serve Japanese sushi named kimbap. I told my Korean student about it. He informed me that it's quite different from Japanese sushi and is originally Korean. How could I tell the difference between both foreign dishes? I assumed that they probably taste alike. At that time, the only Japanese foods I've eaten were ramen and sashimi!

After eating futomaki at a Japanese buffet in Emilion Restaurant, I've finally gotten the distinction between it and its Korean cousin. Both use sticky white rice but the other ingredients are entirely different. You don't need condiments to enhance the flavor of kimbap since it contains sesame oil and tangy vegetables and/or meat. There's no need to use chopsticks if you bring it on a picnic or have a quick fix when you're hungry! On the other hand, futomaki is usually served with soy sauce or wasabi since it contains raw fish.

I like both dishes but I like kimbap better because it's more convenient to prepare and eat. Most of my Korean students prefer to bring dozens of kimbap rolls while traveling. As for me, I have to hone my wrapping skills for preparing my tangy addiction! Oh! I mustn't do the same mistake of using ordinary local rice for it...

4 comments:

  1. Hotmail Support Phone Number
    https://usasupportphonenumber.com/hotmail/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a nice piece of information to us.

    Microsoft Help Line Number

    ReplyDelete
  3. www.office.com/setup, office.com/setup, Install Office 365 - We have best Office Support team they will solve your issues in minimum time with satisfactory results. You just call on our toll free number 24*7 and connect with our experts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quickbooks Payroll Support Phone Number, QuickBooks Phone Number - If you face any QuickBooks related issues is provided by our experts with the demonstration of easy solutions. Users get help for Quickbooks Customer Service.

    ReplyDelete

oneMission
Search Engine Submission & Optimization
Sonic Run: Internet Search Engine
Submit Your Site To The Web's top 50 search engines for free!
eDirectory Pages - your FREE Human edited directory listing!
SearchWIZ
Resource Central
Abiz Web Directory

Allthewebsites Directory - A niche web directory offering website promotion and other webmaster resources.

dress up games